Album from last year

Death of A No-One - One Man Town by A R McGregor

This is an album I recorded with One Man Town last year. It was a rush getting it done before I left to go to Uni and therefore it is not exactly the fully finished product.  There are a few songs that I'm sure we would have worked on more, and one or two we would have dropped, had we worked on the project longer but I moved away and was too busy to go back to it.  Now, a year later, the others have gone off and started a new band so I decided to just draw a line and let people hear the album if they want, I may take songs from it and use melodies for other things, and I do think it's a good album, just there's a couple of tracks too many perhaps.

The idea was to create a concept album about a mediocre guy's life.  I have no idea why, just kind of came out that way.  Most of the songs merge into one another and there are repetitions of themes etc - mainly to do with the sun.  I wrote all of the songs apart from 'Another Day' that we wrote together as a band.

I am going to keep the One Man Town name and make music myself, I'm slowly taking bits and pieces from my studio in Largs up to Glasgow and am looking forward to a few recording projects I have in the pipeline.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music As A Time Machine

Oblique Strategies for Drama

Making Battery Park