What's New In The New Year

Weeeell the end of 2013 was extremely busy for me (hence lack of being on here) with various projects happening.

First off I composed the music for 'Bauble Trouble' at the Citizens theatre (directed by Guy Hollands). This was a great wee show for nursery children and we received fantastic reviews for it.  It was a real challenge writing so much music - the entire show was pretty much underscored - in such a short time, but I loved it.  I had my own little station in the corner (see below) and, using Logic Pro X and Native Instruments Komplete Ultimate amongst others, I created a soundtrack that I was pretty pleased with.

My portable studio set-up
Here is the track that opened the show:
 

After Bauble Trouble was up and running I moved back to the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland where I was assistant-director on their production of Merchant of Venice that has just opened this week.  It is a production which shall be going to Taiwan, here's a short trailer that one of the students made for it:



Moving on I now have a couple of exciting projects to look forward to.  I received a little bit of development money from the Tom McGrath trust that I will be using to work on my comedy 'Love 2.0' and we shall show the fruits of that labour in the Tron theatre's Victorian bar space in January and then I will start work on 'Notes To Self' a devised musical with the 2nd year MT students at RCS, both of these should be extremely enjoyable ventures and I cannae wait to get stuck in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oblique Strategies for Drama

Music As A Time Machine

Making Battery Park